Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The absolute PERFECT chocolate chip cookie!!!

So first I have to give credit where credit is due. My friend, Amber, introduced these cookies to me and I honestly thought they were bakery/or store bought. I had never had such a wonderfully perfect homemade chocolate chip cookie. I asked her for the recipe and she referred me to The Sisters Cafe, one of my favorite cooking blogs. I was so excited I ran home and looked up the recipe that week only to find that this recipe is VERY PARTICULAR! ( I had never baked with bread flour and didn't even know what cake flour was) although it is easy- it is TIME CONSUMING! (meaning- plan ahead, if you want your cookies tonight do not use this recipe!) If you want perfect cookies though, this is the PERFECT recipe!


2 cups minus 2 TB of cake flour (leave the 2 TB if you live at a high altitude)
1 2/3 cups bread flour
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. course salt
2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
1 cup plus 2 TB white sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp. natural vanilla extract
1 1/4 lbs. chocolate chips ( I ALWAYS choose a semi-sweet over milk)

Sift together dry ingredients and set aside. Cream butter and sugars together- FOR ABOUT 5 MINUTES. Next add 1 egg at a time to butter/sugar mix. Stir in vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Mix in chocolate by hand. PRESS PLASTIC WRAP AGAINST DOUGH AND CHILL 24-36 hours.Preheat oven to 350. Press dough into just about 1/4 cup ball and bake on parchment paper lined cookie sheets until golden. About 12 minutes.Enjoy the best cookie you will ever labor over!

No comments:

Post a Comment